Eric:
        Heya. My wife connects to her corporate VPN server in very
much the same way. Yes, it's true: I keep echoWall well-maintained
because she makes me. :)
        Give echowall.lrp a try. I do not think you need to install
ipsec.lrp into your firewall: that will connect your entire home
LAN into the corporate LAN and you probably want just one machine.
That is, if you put ipsec.lrp onto your firewall, all of your home
machine's requests to the Internet will "emerge" from behind your
company's firewall. If you simply connect your one machine, though,
your other machines will be unaffected.

        I refer to this easier mode of IPSec usage as "VPN passthru",
and I'm fairly confident your IT group at work will support it. Most
home users have some "DSL router" appliance, like a LinkSys box, on
their broadband connection, and the low-end boxes don't support the
more complicated "VPN endpoint" mode. So, give echowall.lrp a try,
and see if it flies for you. You'll notice in the .conf file that
IPSec is already in the WANTED_SERVICES list. Yes, really, blame my
wife for that one. :)

cheers,
Scott