> I'm just about to set up ipsec509.  All the docs seem to indicate that
> OpenSSL is the tool to use to set up the certs.  I see that certs can be
> issued by a MS website, but I think the format of the certs must be
changed
> (from DER to ???) and OpenSSL is mentioned to do the conversion.  Further,
> fswcert is mentioned as the tool to install the certs (I think).
>
> I don't have OpenSSL or fswcert and I only have a standalone devel system
> (slink w/ 2.0.36 I think).
>
> In the same way that SSH needs a few tools to get it up and running
> (sshkey), is there a .lrp for the tools to get ipsec509 up and running
(with
> OpenSSH and fswcert) or must I find a way to build these or, better yet,
are
> these unnecessary?

The whole of OpenSSL is pretty big, and I don't believe it's been packaged
for LRP.  I haven't packaged the required OpenSSL utilities for x.509 IPSec
functionality because:

- I don't acutally use x.509 Certificates...this support was compiled at the
request of someone on the LEAF-user list.

- I don't generally like doing things like managing certificates (or even
RSA host-keys) directly on the firewall box.

- It's pretty easy to either install OpenSSL on any handy linux system, and
it's much more appropriate on a "full" distribution.

- I guess I figured anyone seriously using x.509 support for linux would
have copies of these around somewhere already...

You should be able to install & compile OpenSSL on your development system
pretty easily...IIRC, it compiled on my Debian Slink system without issue.

If you just need the openssl/fswcert binaries, I can probably post them, but
they're pretty big (900K/500K), and I don't know what (if any) other
programs are required to run (no special libraries are required, however,
both programs should run OK on a default Dachstein system).

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net