----- Original Message -----
From: "Victor McAllister" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[LEAF-user]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 2:03 PM
Subject: Re: OT: Re: [Leaf-user] solution to modules not loading from CD

> > > A friend brought his brand new DCD router over to trouble shoot.  He
> > > bought one of those Flex board + 700 MHz + 256 M RAM + tiny 6" x 6"
> > > case.  (I can't afford the price tag - but it is pretty).
> >
> > sounds like one of these guys
> > http://www.spacewalker.com/english/mainboard_detail_info.asp?number=142
> > $250 retail..just add SDRAM, CPU, HDD, and DVD/CDRW and you lave your
> > ulitmate portable PC ;-)
>
> That is exactly what he bought.  It too noisy for me - the fans scream.
> I also would prefer a better internal nic -  8139 based and of course it
> has only one PCI slot. But at 700 MHz, it should be able to handle his
home
> based PPPoE connection.  Talk about overkill.

Massive overkill alright...
Im deploying these things running a CDRW with GPL WebCDwriter (
http://wwwhomes.uni-bielefeld.de/jhaeger/webCDwriter/ ) as a cheap networked
department CDR machine...
Keeps users from requesting CDRW drives on their machines that they only use
once or twice a month and keeps the cost buying CDR media down because you
would buy in bulk rather than oneses and twoses

-Kenneth Hadley