> I'm trying to use the new 2.4.16;
> I have a static IP address so I dont assign eth0 addr
with dhcp,
> I configured the file
>
> /etc/network/interfaces
>
> but I get the messages
> Configuring network interfaces: route: not found
>
> so the IP addressess are configured correctly but
without
> any route information.
>
> any suggestion?
The LEAF 2.4.16 distro is setup by default for dynamic
IP's on eth0.
If you are using fixed IP you must change the interface
file (what you did already) but also the param file from
the shorwall menu.
NET_IF=eth0
NET_BCAST=set your ISP broadcast adress here
NET_OPTIONS=noping,norfc1918 (remove the dhcp option)
Let me know if works. If not please report problem with
syslog output, interface & param files
What kind of connection are you using ? (cable, ADSL ?)
Jacques

Profitez de l'offre spéciale Tiscali Liberty Surf !
50% de temps en plus pendant 3 mois sur tous les forfaits Internet.

http://register.libertysurf.fr/subscribe_fr/signup.php3