On Monday 28 January 2002 12:41, Ray Olszewski wrote:
> I don't actually know how it is
> possible to assign 2 DHCP addresses to the same cable modem line, but
> perhaps someone else has seen this implemented.

It is.... I have 3 possible assigned via DHCP by default here in
Wichita, KS. My cable-modem (bridge-modem) is capable of
forwarding around 20 ip's. The hardware setup is similar to xDSL
(you can configure the cable-modem to handle 'n' ip's.

I don't see an easy way of using more than one dhcp client on the
same box w/o starting seperate instances of dhclient and jumping
 through major custom config hoops. In any case, it won't help any
 bandwidth if this is what he is wanting, the cap is on the line
 connection, not per ip address. The easy way (if the ip's are not
 changed "often") would be to grab an ip via dhcp, then set that
 interface static and set dhclient on a new interface to pull another
 ip (on a different NIC). This works, but runs into the multiple
 external interface config that is not easy by any means.

The information Ray requested will be required to help in any way.

--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!