> It's looks pretty clear that the new zone data you're
> trying to submit to hn.org is not getting placed onto
> ns1.hn.org, and when ns1.hn.org does zone updates to aux1,
> the updates also aren't any different.
>
> How are you going about submitting a new zone info
> file to hn.org?

The process was:
1) Purchase domain from godaddy.com with it defaulting to being parked at
godaddy.
2) get an hn.org vanity and Virtual Domain Mappings account
3) get delegation servers from http://hn.org/ using ronin-tech.com.  This
returned:

Delegation Information for ronin-tech.com.
----
This domain should be delegated to:
Primary DNS: ns1.hn.org / 64.71.163.40 (Mandatory Delegation)
Auxiliary DNS: aux1.hn.org / 64.71.163.43 (Recommended Delegation)

4) Inform godaddy of the name servers to use for ronin-tech.com.  This
resulted in the following email:

The modifications you requested for the domain RONIN-TECH.COM were
successful.  The nameservers for RONIN-TECH.COM are now:

NS1.HN.ORG, AUX1.HN.ORG

Changes may take 24-48 hours to be visible on the Internet.

5) Waited 5 days without doing anything.
6) In the hn.org vanity account

HOLD THE PHONE

It's amazing what clarity typing stuff in can do.  Discovered that there was
a login for the Virtual Domain Mappings account that I hadn't modified.

Now it works.  Sorry about the noise.

Paul