On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Simon Bolduc wrote:

> Hey all,
>
>   Recently my ISP changed the way their SMTP server works and it now
> requires the users to authenticate before sending any mail.  This breaks the
> functionality of the mail command as far as I can tell.  Are there any
> switches that can be used to fix this ?

Depends on how they're authenticating... if it's with TLS, you're not
going to get anywhere within LEAF's space constraints. If it's with
POP-before-SMTP, something might be hackable with shell-script. Not
easy, but theoretically possible.

Your best bet is to find a server you don't need to authenticate with
:-)

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...