Dave:
        Heya. Give the echowall.lrp package a try. It's got a
more aggressive "don't log this sort of noise" section to it
than the stock firewall that comes with Dachstein does.
        EchoWall was built for Dachstein, so it should sneak
in nicely. The README has all the details of installation.

cheers,
Scott

PS: http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/sbest/echowall/