> Charles I hate to bother again about this. I configured my router, backing
> up changes on the floppy of course, and I figured I would burn a bootable
CD
> using my newly configured floppy as the reference for the boot info on the
> CD (NERO gotta dig it). Any hoot I fired it up with just the CD expecting
it
> to all run from the CD (I like the speed of having just the CD) but
> somewhere in the middle of it's bootin' up it taps on the floppy lookin'
for
> somethin' there, when all is said and done the router is up and the
modules
> are loaded (as far as I can tell TCPDUMP and whatnot) but it isn't pullin'
> and addresses on the NICs. The only thing I can think of as to a reason
why
> it would look for a floppy while it's booting is because I changed I
believe
> three items in the backup menu to partial backup to FD0. Other than that I
> can think of no other reason. Once again sorry for takin' some of yer time
> with this, I appreciate your prompt response.

* Make sure you're doing FULL backups of packages to the floppy, and replace
the default CD-ROM packages with your new, modified ones when burning the
CD.

* The floppy will still be the default place the CD looks for writable
config information, so the floppy will be 'hit' on boot, to see if it
contains any packages that need to be loaded.

* If you really want to, you can remove the pkgpath varilable from the
floppy boot-image syslinux.cfg, and change the boot= device to your CD-ROM
drive.  This will stop the system from hitting the floppy, but will make it
impossible to change your configuration or automatically load any other
packages w/o burning a new CD.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net