John Mullan wrote:

> Thanks David.  However, the following is the error message when I
> attempt to run LCDd
>
>      firewall: -root-
>      # lcdd -h
>      lcdd: error in loading shared libraries
>      libncurses.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> Does this mean that libncurses cannot find something or that libncurses
> doesn't exist?
>
> I cannot find "libncurses.so.4" on my box anywhere.  I haven't found
> anywhere (yet) to download it from either.
>
> Of course, when I run "LCDproc -s 192.168.1.254 -p 13666 X U"  I get the
> following:
>
>      firewall: -root-
>      # lcdproc -s 192.168.1.254 -p 13666 X U
>      sock_connect: connect failed: Connection refused
>      Error connecting to server 192.168.1.254 on port 13666.
>
> But I assume that is because the LCDd is not running.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> John

John, when the system complains that it can't open a
shared library file and you don't have it on your
computer, then you'll want to download it from the
package directory on the LEAF site.

For Oxygen files, go here:

   http://leaf.sourceforge.net/pub/oxygen/

The into the packages directory (or the other ones if
you want to poke around).  In there you'll find the
libncurs.lrp package.

Cheers,
Matthew