At 06:54 12/02/02 -0700, Lance Robertson wrote:

>See my cable company doesn't give out "real" IPs they use a form of
>IPMasq themselves so my IP address is 192.168.107.40 on their internal
>network. Also my gateway is an internal IP address 192.168.96.0. Well
>all these addresses are being denied via ipchains. About midnight I
>finally just flushed everything in ipchains and set it up (somehow) so I
>could forward packets for my specific IP address and I finally got out.

The solution is as simple as commenting out a line in the file
/etc/ipfilter.conf.

Find the part of ipfilter.conf that says

         # RFC 1918/1627/1597 blocks

It'll be at about line 220 in a virgin Dachstein setup.  A couple of lines
below this you'll see the line

         $IPCH -A $LIST -j DENY -p all  -s 192.168.0.0/16 -d 0/0 -l $*

This is the one that's causing you problems, so comment it out.  Backup
your boot floppy and reboot, and you should be all set.

cheers

Julian

www.ljchurch.co.uk