You are going to have to give us more detail than you provide in this
message to get meaningful help. Please read the Troubleshooting Request
HowTo, or the more concise list of needed basic information I posted to this
list just a few days ago, to see the sorts of information we need. For now ...

Assuming RR still uses MAC-address authentication, your step 1 should be fine.
>From what you do report, it looks like your step 2 is OK (but you want to be
sure that the MAC address you provided to RR is the same NIC that is eth0).
Your description of step 3 is simply too vague to say anything about.