Mark:
The Netgear FA311 uses the National Semiconductor chip set not the
Intel/ Digital tulip chip set that the FA310 uses.
You will need the natsemi driver for the FA311/ FA 312 cards.  Also if
you use the natsemi driver you will also need pci-scan which can be
found at Donald Becker's site http://www.scyld.com
Robert Chambers