Thank you for clarifying  that there is no direct link between the
two nets. However I am assuming that the web server and the firewall
have to be able to 'talk' and I am not able to ping from the server
to the firewall and vice versa. Also when I point my web browser to
the external ip address I get denys in the output log. When I try to
connect to 64.171.17.147 I get
Feb 21 23:42:33 firewall kernel: Packet log: output DENY eth0 PROTO=6
192.168.1.2:49753 192.168.2.1:80 L=48 S=0x00 I=32564 F=0x4000 T=254
SYN (#8)
Any help would be appreciated. I know that I have something
misconfigured but I just can't see what it is. Any help is much
appreciated, Robert