I understand the scope of the following question but I would like a few
opinions anyway.
Having seen recent evidence of an attempt at port scanning my firewall
in my logs I want to revisit my security plan and see if it is
reasonably
sound.

1. 1st line of defense is of course my Dachstein firewall. It has no
additional packages other than serial.o loaded. I do have a couple of
ports forwarded to a game server but the server is only on when we are
using it.

2. All the machines on the internal net are Win98 systems. I have
unbound TCP/IP from file and printer sharing and use Netbeui for those
tasks.

My assumption is that the lrp box would be tough to copmpromise but if
it was cracked or root kitted some way a cracker would still not be able
do much to my network once logged in to the firewall.

So what am I missing? What sorts of havoc could a properly motivated
cracker cause?

Thanks for the sanity check,
Kory Krofft