-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Adrian
Stovall
Sent: 26 February 2002 20:48
To: LEAF (E-mail)
Subject: [Leaf-user] newbie question (Bering/2.4/IDE)

Hi all...I had successfully finished a previous install with a 2.2.19-IDE
kernel and run from a small IDE HD.

What I would like to do is repeat this with a 2.4 kernel (currently messing
around with Bering Beta4...no probs running from floppy).  What do I need to
do to make this run from a hard drive?

I'm hoping for something other than "compile a 2.4 kernel with IDE support
enabled", but I'll try to if I have no choice (severe lack of experience
with compiling a kernel on my own).

Is there a 2.4-IDE kernel out there?  Am I stupid, and there's some simple
config option to make the Bering 2.4 kernel boot from my HD?

I'm running this on a Dell PowerApp Web 100 (single PIII-73/256MB/dual
EEPro100) and using Bering Beta4/Syslinux 1.66 on my HD.

Any info is *greatly* appreciated.

TIA

Adrian