On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Alex McLintock wrote:

> Hello Ant -
>
> I just knew I should have written up my experiences on this.... See comments inline
>below.
>
>  --- Ant Ken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > hello,
> >
> > if you use the NTL broadband in the UK you will have problems setting you
> > router up, heres what you have to do:
> > when a new network card  ( ie your new router ) is switched on for the
> > first time your cable box gives you an ip address of something like
> > 10.xxx.xxx.xxx, via DHCP  Because of the ip filters setup on the box you
> > will not be able to immediately browse the web, you have to either install
> > a version of linux with X and netscape on or install M$ windows then try
> > and access the web you will be presented with the ntl account
> > administration page.
>
> You have two other options
>
> You can also use your network card in a separate MS Windows box for the initial MAC
>address
> registration
> or
> You can install the simple text based web browser on your Leaf box.

I don't understand why any of these options are required.

Why not accept the ip address you are given as a router, and use your
usual box behind it to talk to the webserver to do the configuration, and
then re-initialize networking on the router?

Does the configuration process use java or javascript?

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing