> I have a need to increase my syslinux.cfg ramdisk_size declaration to a
> value above 65536. My DS box has 128MB physical ram, and it's currently
> using 65536, but for database reasons, I'm thinking of jacking this
> value to 98304.
>
> I did some research on the past mail archives and stumbled upon old
> queries posted by other LEAF users talking about a 2.4 package called
> initrd.lrp, and  setting additional syslinux.cfg parameters like initrd,
> and syst_size. Going thru the archives, I also came across informative
> exchanges from our LEAF developers on  modelling the use and packaging
> of initrd (and root.lrp) for future the LRPs.
>
> I would like to know if how do I handle/implement this on a DS 2.2.19
> environment (if this hasn't been done yet). I really need to raise my
> ram disk size to above 64M.
initrd.lrp is a package that was designed for Bering in order to get rid of the
original LRP patches and move on kernel 2.4.x development.
Check
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo

In this distro, you can use tmp_size=xxM, to allocate xxM of space  /tmp or
log_size=yyM to control max size of /var/log
Jacques