> Brian Boonstra wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I note that Jacques Nilo has a nice modern pair of sshd.lrp and
> > ssh.lrp on the LEAF website.  I was thinking of upgrading, but I still like
> > to try to get by with a single floppy, while those packages are > 300K each
> > (and the binaries inside >  600K).
> >
> > My old versions are less than 300K for both of them put together.
> > Is there anything both small and modern out there?
> >

> > Brian
>
> JN can speak to is better because he compiles them,
> but the short answer is no.  The newer openssl and
> openssh programs have a lot more code in them.  There
> was an issue with shared libraries vs static ones
> that obviously affects the size, but I can only recall
> him (and David) trying to minimze the size and couldn't.
>
> Don't go far Brian!  Come by every once in a while
> and tell us funny stories about your new hobbies :)
> Matt
I can - alas - only confirm what Matt is saying. openssh has been getting
bigger and bigger with each new release. It does not preclude to use it even if
you only have one floppy drive on your LEAF box (which is my case). Check the
doc:
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/openssh2.html#AEN94
Jacques