Jacques Nilo wrote:

>The Bering v1.0-rc1 images released yesterday appeared corrupted to some users.
>They have been regenerated.
>Follow the md5sum you should get for each file:
>4ebc430648ec51cd131595213e415f14  bering-1680-v1.0-rc1.bin
>8efc3afc3161b8b6a653f04d4a20aa49  bering-1680-v1.0-rc1.exe
>
>Sorry for the incovenience this may have caused.
>Jacques
>
>http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo

The regenerated images solved the gunzip problem, but it seems that the
shorwall.lrp is significantly different than that included in the
previous images. Specifically, in the "params" section  (lrcfg 3,5,1),
NET_IF=ppp? instead of eth0. Also, LOCAL_IF=eth0 rather than eth1.

I don't know what else is different and am not qualified to say, I
couldn't ping the firewall from the internal network until I changed
those settings. The documentation says that you don't need to change
shorwall.lrp if you have cable connection with DHCP. As it stands, that
is not true, as far as I can see.

Thanks again for a great LEAF image. I am enjoying playing with it, and
learning too!