> Hey guys how can I test if modem is configured and working right. I
> installed USR Sporster 0431 internal and cant seem to get it to dial. I
> have installed and configured all needed for ppp modem.
Hi assume you have followed the (still incomplete) instructions at:
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/busers01.html
If your modem just does not start it probably means you have not declared the
proper serial port in /etc/ppp/peers/provider
Check /var/log/syslog (below serial drivers statement) to see those ports which
are recognized. I hope there are some :-)
Otherwise what says
lsmod
and
ps aux