Hello ALL,
How do I reject a specific IP?
I have seen this question various times.

Myself, I had a problem with my log files filling up
with rejections on ports 111, 515,444, and others and
wondered the same thing

So, to solve the problem, I wrote some scripts that
work to automatically parse the /var/log/messages
file and pick out offending IP addresses and the
ports that were affected.

It then creates a firewall rule that blocks the offending
PI address and the specific port so I get a DENY without
logging rule.

It self regulates its self , removes duplicate PI addresses,
purges its self from a cron job every 1'st. of the month to
make sure I do not have stagnate addresses.

I run the script from a cron job every 30 min. Since I have
been running the scripts my log files have become sane again :-)

MAWK and SED need to be on your system for this to work.
I am running 2.2.16 Eiger, they should run on any system.

Since then I have also created a dynamic listing to my weblet
page. One of my scripts dynamically builds the list and each
offending address is listed as a hyperlink so I can do a 'who is'
look up if I wish.

Finally, I took it one step further. I created a dynamic graphing
script that will build a graph 'on the fly' to my weblet page to let
me see how many and to what port.

Now what do I do with them???

These scripts are something I wish to share with everyone and
you can get a copy at www.vette66.com.

Enjoy,
vette66 (chuck)