> I'm running several Dachstein 1.02 boxes doing IPSEC. I've been using
> shared secrets and wanted to go to 509 certs. I have been able to generate
> one 2048 bit key but the other machines just sit trying to get 128 random
> bytes from /dev/random. I let one sit for two days before killing the
> process.
>
> Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Your firewall boxes are not filling /dev/random with true random data
(generated primarily from direct user input), and /dev/random will block
until there is enough "true" randomness to fill a read request.

Either hook a keyboard to the box and start banging on the keys, or
(preferred) generate the keys on a true workstation (ie used by a person so
lots of random user seeding of /dev/random) and copy them over...

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net