On Sat, 6 Apr 2002 22:15:05 -0800
"Brock Nanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As a side note, how does one see the interface information in bering?
> I'm used to using ifconfig and netstat in eiger and feel hamstrung
> without them...

Can't help with the dynamic address stuff, but using iproute2 commands
will get you where you want to go without stringing any hams or the like.

ip addr

will get you most of what you used to see with ifconfig.

ip route

will get you a view of the routing table.

These commands are also quite powerful once you start to manipulate the
interfaces, routes, etc.  There is a good reference at
http://defiant.coinet.com/iproute2/ip-cref/

Hope that helps some,
Chad Carr