> I tried this and it does not work for me.  Maybe its because
> I don't understand what a .upx file is.  Evidently Syslinux
> does not understand what a .upx file is either.  It gives me
> an error message that the kernel is corrupt.

As mentioned, copy the <kernel>.upx file on top of the existing linux file
on your floppy disk.  If syslinux is complaining about a corrupt file, you
may have had download problems.  Verify the file you downloaded is *exactly*
the same size as the web directory listing.  Your success using the
RAID-IPSec kernel from the CD-ROM distribution indicates you should be able
to get the normal kernel working, if you get a clean kernel image file.

If for some reason, http downloads arn't working properly for you, you can
try using rsync, or simply download the whole normal kernel tarball, and
de-compress it on your local system...this will verify there are no hidden
file corruption problems when downloading.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net