Support Requests item #512515, was opened at 2002-02-03 15:01
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=213751&aid=512515&group_id=13751

Category: Release/Branch: Dachstein
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello,

I'm trying to get my dachstein router working in
combination with my Alcatel Speedtouch ADSL modem.
It has an option for DHCP spoofing, so theorethically
al I need to do is setup DHCP on my external interface
and that's it.
Sadly, alcatel has made a buggy DHCP server-
implementation on their modems which has the "feature"
of only giving the last 3 bytes of the ip-adress
instead of the subnet mask.
The current dhclient doesn't really like this...
Could anyone provide a patched dhclient package which
resolves this issue or a modified dhcpclient-script
that hardcodes the subnetmask to 255.255.255.255 (i
think that should also do the trick).

I already found a patched version of client.c which
someone else wrote for pathing his RedHat install,
maybe it's useful for adressing this problem under LRP

Thanks in advance,

Thijs

*** client.c.orig Sun Aug 5 12:14:21 2001
--- client.c Sun Aug 5 12:22:12 2001
***************
*** 469,476 ****
memcpy(&p->sin_addr.s_addr,DhcpOptions.val
[subnetMask],4);
if ( ioctl(dhcpSocket,SIOCSIFNETMASK,&ifr) == -1 ) /*
setting netmask */
{
! syslog(LOG_ERR,"dhcpConfig: ioctl SIOCSIFNETMASK: %
m ");
! return -1;
}
memcpy(&p->sin_addr.s_addr,DhcpOptions.val
[broadcastAddr],4);
if ( ioctl(dhcpSocket,SIOCSIFBRDADDR,&ifr) == -1 ) /*
setting broadcast address */
--- 469,480 ----
memcpy(&p->sin_addr.s_addr,DhcpOptions.val
[subnetMask],4);
if ( ioctl(dhcpSocket,SIOCSIFNETMASK,&ifr) == -1 ) /*
setting netmask */
{
! p->sin_addr.s_addr = 0xffffffff; /* try
255.255.255.255 */
! if ( ioctl(dhcpSocket,SIOCSIFNETMASK,&ifr) == -1 )
! {
! syslog(LOG_ERR,"dhcpConfig: ioctl SIOCSIFNETMASK: %
m ");
! return -1;
! }
}