Support Requests item #539331, was opened at 2002-04-04 08:53
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=213751&aid=539331&group_id=13751

Category: Release/Branch: Dachstein
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi, been using lrp for over 6 mo. now...really great
learning experience...but have had some problems in the
past in as far as the router will just stop routing.
I have access to a number of different nic
cards...tulip, rtl8139,natsemi, 3c509.
Oddities like an eth2 showing up in the logs (I only
have 2 nics) with the tulip drivers.

Have tried different combinations of each with the
dachstein and bering releases, but allways the same
thing, will route for a day or 2 at best then for no
paticular reason stop.

I have settled on an 8139 generic card for eth1 and a
3c509 10M card for eth0...it runs 'til I shut it down
with no quirks...I guess what I am getting at is how
much does compatibility between the electronics figure
into the scheme of this (i have a toshiba cable modem)
and I dont even think about the router anymore, I have
every confidence in it!

Is there any substance to this observation?
Anyone have any thoughts on the subject or does it
sound like a bunch of superstitious hooey?
Thanks for reading.