I simply use the following in the scripts which allows for both outbound and/or
inbound VPNs through several Dachstien Firewalls:

Firstly in netwoork.conf add

#INTERN_SSH_SERVER=192.168.1.1  # Internal SSH server to make available
#EXTERN_SSH_PORT=24             # External port to use for internal SSH access
INTERN_VPN_SERVER=192.168.2.10  # Internal VPN server to make available
EXTERN_VPN_PORT=1723            # External port to use for internal VPN access

then in ipfilter.conf (I usually add this after the ssh section again)

if [ -n "$INTERN_VPN_SERVER" ] ; then
    if [ -n "$EXTERN_VPN_PORT" ] ; then
        $IPMASQADM portfw -a -P tcp -L $EXTERN_IP $EXTERN_VPN_PORT \
            -R $INTERN_VPN_SERVER vpn
    else
        $IPMASQADM portfw -a -P tcp -L $EXTERN_IP vpn \
            -R $INTERN_VPN_SERVER vpn
    fi
    ipfwd --masq $INTERN_VPN_SERVER 47 &
fi

I have several firewalls using this method and all are working well. If an
internal VPN Server is not defined, I only open the input chain for protocol 47
in network.conf and have had no problems yet.

Andrew Gray