On Saturday 27 April 2002 02:11, MLU wrote:
> Thank you very very much, Charles, I could ping the other private
> machines and I am asking them to ping me and use a couple of services
> on my private server for thorough test. I hope it will be fine.
>
> The next step for me is to setup for the Road Warrior. I have 2
> questions:
>
> 1. Do you know of any free client for Windows which works with
> Free/SWAN?

IPSec is built into Win2K (service pack 2)/XP and will work with
FreeS/WAN. The SSH Sentinel also offers a free 30-day trial for
the Win32 platform that works as well
.

> 2. I guess that regardless which client, I have to create some
> forward rule to the one you advised me below. So it would be
>
> IPCH -A forward -j ACCEPT -s 192.168.9.0/24 -d 0/0 -b
>
> Correct?

I think you will want to also set device ipsec0 (or whatever) to keep
from allowing this traffic from both eth0 and ipsecX.

--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!