Hi Simon,

That is exactly the way it is.  There's nothing at all that Dachstein
does to enable/disable browsing on the internal network.  If you are
using a switch, it doesn't even get to see this traffic.

- HiltonT

On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 00:27, Simon Bolduc wrote:
> Dachstein only acts as a gateway (assuming you are using the default setup -
> Dachstein being the router, no VPN tunnels etc).  It can't really do
> anything to the traffic internal to the network.  You should be able to map
> a drive using \\ip.add.re.ss\share  - if you can't I would look at your
> workgroup / domain settings, and NetBIOS settings.  Dachstein should have
> nothing to do with this AFAIK.

> >From: "Craig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: "LEAF" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: [leaf-user] Browsing computers on the same subnet?
> >Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 07:21:43 -0700
> >
> >Hi folks,
> >Am I missing something...I have Dachstein CD version setup and working
> >fine, except I can't see any other computers (which are on the same
> >hub/subnet) when I "browse" for them using "Network Neighborhood" or try
> >to map drives to them. Any suggestions??? Is there something within
> >Dachstein that I need to setup to allow for browsing? Thank you.
> >
> >Craig

Regards,

Hilton Travis                   Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager                         Phone: +61-(0)7-3343-3889
Quark AudioVisual               Phone: +61-(0)419-792-394
Quark Computers
(Brisbane, Australia)           http://www.QuarkAV.com/