> Perhaps this question has been answered before--if so, sorry.
>
> What happens when two .LRP packages contain the same file, like ppp and
> pppoe?  Both contain /etc/pap-secrets.  Does the package that gets loaded
> last simply overwrite the existing file?

When loading, yes...the last pakage loaded will overwrite the file.

If the file is listed the same way in two package list files, however,
backing up *EITHER* package will result in the file *MISSING* from that
package.  If you backup both packages, you will entirely loose the file!
For details, see:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=1461&group_id=13751

...and other items in the FAQ.
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=1300&page_id=9