A description at this level of vagueness ("settings are the same", "see
everything", "similar configurations", and the like) cannot elicit useful
advice. Other than this: please read the Troubleshooting Request HowTo and
try again.

Something is different about Kayak3, and without some details in the
description, we have little change of helping you figure out what it is. The
HowTo will help you in providing the needed details.

At 12:47 PM 5/16/02 -0400, Michael E.T. Parker wrote:
>Hi All.
>
>I have strange problem. I have built a test network with the following
>devices.
>
>3 hp kayak xu stations (win98)
>1 hp VL5 development server (mandrake8)
>1 compaq samba server (mandrake8)
>1 hp VL5 dachstein gateway
>2 switches
>1 cable model to internet
>
>The problem-
>
>All 3 kayaks can see and read/write to each other.
>2 of the kayaks can get to the internet and 1 cannot.
>
>gateway
>connects to switch1 and cable modem
>
>switch1
>connects to gateway, switch2, kayak2, kayak3
>
>switch2
>connects to switch1, kayak1, samba server, development server
>
>All Kayaks can see everything on our side of the gateway.
>Kayak1 and 2, the samba and development servers can get out to the
>internet. Kayak 3 cannot get past the gateway.
>
>All tcp/ip settings are the same.(?) All use dhcp for their ip's.
>
>Could it be that some application on Kayak3 is preventing internet
>access. Seems unlikely but may be possible. All Kayaks contain similar
>configurations.
>
>Any ideas would be appreciated.

Palo Alto, CA                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]