Hello Kim, all

you wrote

> Hi all,
>
> I just created my first bering cd and it works like a charm.
great :=)

> Still have a question though, I would like to add quite a few packages
> To the cd and organize them in subdirectories, so I was wondering if I could
> specify
> Subdirectories in lrpkg.cfg.
>
> In other words would
>
> root:f,etc:f,modules:f,local:f,subdir/tools/dns-utils:f
>
> Work??
Yes and no .  ( more no ;) )
THe pkg would be loaded , as this is done by gzip and tar, this
programms get the complete path and file name
As long as you don't want to do any configuration or backup, it
should be ok but not advisable.

The problem however is that you won't find a configuration menu
nor the possibility to save your files. !

The path and file name are stored together as the "package name".
To show the configuration menu :
The directory /var/lib/lrpkg is searced for files with the name
"package name".conf  this is not found as your conf file is named
dns-utils.conf and not subdir/tools/dns-utils.conf

At the backup:
 the backup programm tries to find the file  subdir/tools/dns-
utils.list (which doesn't exist.) and the next problem shows up as
soon as the programm tries to create /tmp/subdir/tools/dns-utils.lrp
which also fails.

If there are more people interested in getting this fixed, it could be
done.but would require some rewriting in the backup programm,
and in the initrd (linuxrc) possibly breaking compatibility with other
leaf versions.

Regards

Eric Wolzak
member of the Bering Crew