Pasi,

The catch to this I believe is a problem with the TI controller chip on
the adapter card.  It's default configuration is wrong.  If you edit the
pcmcia file, it should look like this:

PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=i82365
PCIC_OPTS="irq_mode=0"
CORE_OPTS=
CARDMGR_OPTS=

The catch is PCIC_OPTS.  Try this setting and let us know if that
doesn't fix it!

Brock