"chuck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I created a package to do just that...
> e-mail log files to a single or multiple addresses and
> you can specify which files to send.
> Its called mailstats.lrp and can be found at
> http://www.vette66.com
>
> It requires a working SU command and MAIL command.

Is there a way to tell if you already have the working su and mail
commands already on your LEAF release? I see from
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/Packages/Utilities.htm I can get su and grep
(mail) command for Dachstien. Dargon was asking about this on bering
rc2. From Charle's site is says that grep(mail) is in Dachstein
releases.  I looked all around in bin and sbin directories of my running
DCD 1.02.  I could not find su.  So I guess su is not included on the
CD. So do I

   1.) put su in /bin?
   2.) edit /var/lib/lrpkg/root*list to add su?
   3.) backup root.lrp?

I ask all these questions because I was unsuccessful using ipmail out of
KP Kirchdoerfer's modification to DCD 1.02 described at
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/article.php?op=Print&sid=30.  The release
notes suggested that there still is a problem with mail.

Can anyone provides some more tips or links to mail configuration?

My goal is to mail the dyanmaic ip address to another client.  The
client needs to ssh to backup files on a LEAF protected network.

Thanks,
Greg Morgan

> I expanded what was done by Charles and his mailonerr script.
> Hope this helps,
> vette66 (Chuck)

<snip>