Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response.  Yes, I did have the setup you described.

To do some packet captures for early testing, I had moved the external
interface of the LEAF router and the internal interface of my DSL modem
to a hub that was on the same LAN as my internal network.  I moved
things back to the way they should have been and haven't seen the
problem again.  If I need to capture packets in the future, I'll get
another hub to keep the network properly segmented.

Thanks,
Brian