"Scott Ecker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 05/22/2002 12:20:48 PM

To:   "LEAF-user" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:    (bcc: Phillip Watts/austin/Nlynx)

Subject:  [leaf-user] OT: Origins of Bering and Dachstein names

Very OT...

It came up in conversation with some friends yesterday that we weren't clear
on the origin of the names for these two popular floppy/cd firewall
packages.  Maybe Charles and Jacques can fill us in on why they're called
Bering and Dachstein.  I can see -stein, but why Dach?  I'm probably missing
out on a principle of linguistics here.

BTW, I've been successfully deploying dachstein toasters all around the US.
I love it.

-Scott

RESP:  R U serious?  Does a toaster need to route?
I suppose each slot in the toaster could be a seperate
controller with a private address.
A good firewall could prevent burned toast.
Now I see.