On Mon, 27 May 2002 16:18:08 -0700
"Scott Ritchie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
>   I'm trying to make x509 certificates on a RH7.3 system using the
> instructions in the Bering User's Guide.
>  Everything looks good till i enter...
> "openssl pkcs12 -export -inkey clientKey.pem -in clientCert.pem
> -certfile demoCA/cacert.pem -out clientCert.p12"
>
> What i get back after entering the PEM pass phrase is....
>
> Error loading certificate from input
> 20254:error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start
> line:pem_lib.c:662:Expecting: CERTIFICATE

Can you give us an 'ls -l' from your working directory?  I get this
error when I have somehow gone through the proceeding steps and ended up
with an empty clientCert.pem (because of an error in a previous step).  I
just went through the steps line by line and came up with good results, so
if there are not errors in any of your previous steps, I will have to go
back to the drawing board.

Thanks,

Chad Carr                                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]