On Wednesday 05 June 2002 01:23, David Pitts wrote:
> Thanks for your responses but I have advanced not one centimetre!  I
> can't find tulip_old.o although I can find lots of references to it.
>
> Do I need to recompile for Dachstein??

Well, I thought I saw it in the modules directory several months ago,
but after checking myself.... it doesn't appear to be there. I'm running
2.2.19 on my Slack8 machine, which does have the old_tulip module
included. I haven't compiled a 2.2.x kernel more recent than 2.2.18
myself, but a year ago while compiling many 2.4.x kernels I remember
that there was a kernel option pertaining to the Linksys tulip chipset.
This option should be for the older tulip chipset (Linksys ver.2) and
is not compatible with the newer tulip module (as found through many
distro newsgroups when 2.2.18 came out).

I can't say that this will work, but I can send you a copy of the
old_tulip.o off of my Slack8 (2.2.19) machine and see if it works
for you. I'll send it as an attachment if you mail me off-list.

I hope this helps,
--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!