Hello,

Recently I setup a bering 1.0 rc2 based router for connecting through a DSL
connection.  I use dnscache on the router and the router's ip 192.168.1.254
is distributed through dhcp to the computers on the internal network as the
dns to use.

The firewall is really simple:

1. enable masqurading
2. allow dns to communitcate on the INPUT chain to make dnscache work
properly

I don't have the iptables script handy but I can get it if needed.

The problem is that while masquarading seems to work properly many domains
fail to resolve correctly or their content does not load.  For example most
of the .ca toplevel domains fail to resolve; major sites like www.yahoo.ca.

Its not clear at all why this is happening...

Has anyone seen a problem like this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Mike O'Cleirigh