> Can FreeS/Wan make use of tinydns instead of bind8? I've read docs from
> J.Nilo's site and
> I'm sold that tinydns is a much better choice compared to bind. However,
> I also would like to
> setup VPN using FreeS/Wan (already patched my kernel). But will
> FreeS/Wan work with tinydns?

The short answer is "yes", but actually, your question doesn't make much
sense.

Tinydns and bind are both DNS servers.  While a DNS server is critical in
getting any domains you may be in control of to resolve for folks out on the
internet, it doesn't have much to do with name resolution on your local
hosts.  What really matters is the contents of the /etc files hosts,
resolv.conf, nsswitch, and similar.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net