From: Charles Steinkuehler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: woensdag 12 juni 2002 17:16
To: Kim Oppalfens; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Iptables -m length --length 1400:1500

> I am trying to play around with qos but I am running into troubles
> with Marking packets from a specific size.
>
> The command I use
>
> Iptables -I INPUT -m length --length 1400:1500 -j MARK --set-mark 10
>
> But it gives me an error on the length stating no rule target match
> with that name. The iptables kernel module is located in
> /lib/iptables.

A quick glance at man iptables indicates you can only play with mark values
in the mangle table:

TARGET EXTENSIONS
       iptables can use extended target  modules:  the  following
       are included in the standard distribution.
   <snip>
   MARK
       This is used to set the netfilter  mark  value  associated
       with the packet.  It is only valid in the mangle table.

       --set-mark mark

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net