On Thursday 13 June 2002 22:34, Steve Jeppesen wrote:
> It seems there should be a way to modify network.conf (Dachstein CD
> V1.02) to not allow any external connections from any IP using port
> 53 - is there something in network.conf that would work?  I have
> looked thru network.conf but do not see anything that might help
> block external connections to eth0

By default Dachstein has:

## UDP Services open to outside world
# Space seperated list: srcip/mask_dstport
# NOTE: bootpc port is used for dhcp client
EXTERN_UDP_PORTS="0/0_domain 0/0_bootpc"

Remove the "0/0_domain" entry, but leave the "0/0_bootpc"
if you are using DHCP to connect to your ISP. I have had this
problem once or twice.... other DNS servers are trying to connect
to your DNS server on the router (dnscache, tinydns, bind, whatever).
I've never had it choke out a router, but dropping the open port will
stop them.

I hope this helps,
--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!