I spoke slightly too soon, but I am very very close.

I can now successfully ping any servers at the remote
location in subnet 172.16.100.0/24 through the VPN
gateway from any workstation at the main office in
subnet 192.168.0.0/24. I can even http to a server
running IIS in the 172.16.100.0/24 subnet from my
workstation in the 192.168.0.0/24 subnet. However, I
cannot seem to NetSupport (similar to VNC or
PCAnywhere) or connect to an SQL Server in the
172.16.100.0/24 subnet. It's not the firewall because
shorewall has accept all2all policy enabled for this
test (I don't see any dropped or rejected packets on
either side).

The NATing settings suggested by you and Tom were made
on the 172.16.100.0/24 side. Do I need to do something
on the 192.168.0.0/24 side as well for some
applications?

Thanks for your help.

http://leaf-project.org/pub/doc/docmanager/docid_1891.html