I am trying to bump up the ip_conntrack_max to somthing other than the
default of 4096.

I am having a problem when I enter:

loadmodule ip_conntrack hashsize=4095

in the shorewall modules section and save shorewall, it does not take affect
on reboot.

After a reboot I still get this:

# cat /var/log/messages | grep track
Jun 22 16:17:02 firewall kernel: ip_conntrack (512 buckets, 4096 max)

When I should be getting a value of 32760 max, correct??

On the shorewall mailing list Tom suggested that I use:

loadmodule ip_conntrack hashsize=n

Where n is 1/8 of the number of entries that you want in the table.

I also read that neither 'n' or 'hashsize' must be a power of two. That's
why I chose 4095.
(http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/netfilter-devel/2001-March/000725.html)

I tried with 4096 and 2048, just to see what would happen, but I still get
nothing when the system loads.

If I manually enter:

echo 32760 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max

It changes the value, but I have no idea if it's actually working or not, or
what to restart?  Any ideas?

.Steve Sobka