At 07:02 AM 7/8/02 -0700, Craig wrote:
>Hi folks,
>I tried ifconfig while logged in as root, and I get a "ifconfig: not
>found" error. I guess the full path has to be entered from the command
>line. Can someone tell me what that is??? Thank you.

I don't actually recall this morning if Dachstein includes the command
"ifconfig". If it is present, it surely is in either /sbin or /usr/sbin, so
look there. (And BTW, the correct analog to the Microsoft "ipconfig"
command is "ifconfig -a", not "ifconfig" -- the -a flag causes it to list
unconfigured interfaces as well as configured interfaces, which is
ipconfig's default behavior.)

For Dachstein, though, you probably need to use the "ip" command to get (at
leaast some of) this information. Try "ip addr show". This will only list
configured interfaces, though -- I can't recall if there is an "ip" command
that lists unconfigured itnerfaces.

--