--On Wednesday, July 10, 2002 21:13:53 -0500 guitarlynn
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 July 2002 20:52, George Georgalis wrote:
>> Interesting, but not what I had in mind. I'm using nat for a dmz and
>> rather than bring up an each available ip as an alias, I thought
>> there was a way to bring up the subnet and let iptables take over
>> from there.
>
> You can set an interface as an entire subnet w/o alias'ing. Your
> interface must have atleast one set address for routing to work.
> You seem to be looking at something more along the lines of
> WAN routing.

He may be refering to the MIRROR target -- that code must still be in
Patch-O-Matic since my 1.2.6a iptables doesn't mention it under "man
iptables". AFAICT though, the MIRROR target only takes care of the NAT
table stuff -- it doesn't make your external NIC magically start responding
for an entire subnet.

-Tom
ICQ: #60745924  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]