Some comments inline

----- Original Message -----
From: "Francois BERGERET" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'LEAF'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 9:03 PM
Subject: RE: [leaf-user] Searching makeiso.exe (windows) howto or its params
explainations ?

> Hi Craig, many thanks for your reply.
>
> I am using Windows 2000 pro with Nero 5.5.4.8.
> I have done all what is said in the Bering User's Manual and I have
> created the 'lrpkg.cfg' file on my Bering box with 'ae' editor and
> copied it in the \BCD\diskcontent\ directory.
>
> The first image created with 'makeiso' on the Windows box was ok
> but this is my 'normal' Bering CD who is running actualy, without
> the 'lrpkg.cfg' file and the normal 'isolinux.cfg' content as
> described in the manual. It's copy is following :
>
> display syslinux.dpy
> timeout 0
> default linux initrd=initrd.lrp init=/linuxrc root=/dev/ram0
boot=/dev/cdrom:iso9660 PKGPATH=/dev/cdrom:iso9660,/dev/fd0u1680:msdos
> LRP=root,etc,local,modules,ppp,pppoe,keyboard,shorwall,dnscache,weblet
>
> The following images (several various to check what was wrong) was
> created with the same content but with adding one file only, the
> famous 'lrpkg.cfg'. And 'crash' ! Not bootable CD !
When does it block ?? ( after BIOS POS, do you see messages from isolinux
????)
could you tell us the lastest message on you screen when it stops

> I have checked again and again, with a simple text.file instead of
> this 'lrpkg.cfg' to be able to say that it is not this file
> containt who do that. Any file do the boot crash...
>
> I think now, but I am perharps on the wrong way, that it is the
> number of files who is doing that, or, perharps, the capacity
> volume of the image has a maximum size and I have broken this
> limit by adding one file...
>
> I have heard that bootable images are some sorts of floppy or
> old little hard disks emulations. If this is true, may be
> tha actual parmeters of the 'makeiso' batch are for something
> like a super floppy disk as a 1680 ko capacity ?
>
> Is this true ?
is far as I know, the instructions in the bering user's guide explain the
procedure
using isolinux which boots directly from the cd without a floppy image.