On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, David Pitts wrote:

> Thanks Jaques.  Does that imply that the old version won't work?  I
> tried to use it and got a bunch of 'unresolvable symbol' errors?
> Does that sound right?

Unresolved symbols commonly means either:

a) you forgot to insmod a required module BEFORE you loaded the problem
module, or

b) you are trying to load a module that was not compiled at the same time
the rest of the kernel was compiled, and the compile options ("make
menuconfig") were different between the kernel compile and the module
compile.

Most people will find that the least work will be involved if they grab
the modules tarball that corresponds to the kernel on their LEAF disk, and
limit themselves to this selection. If they need more, they probably
ought to recompile the kernel themselves with the appropriate
configuration options and module sources in place.  Getting
non-kernel-tree modules into the compile may take some extra work as well.

I don't know what "old version" you are referring to in this case.  There
is a "tulip.o" and an "tulip_cb.o" in the RC2 modules.  The "old_tulip.o"
I am familiar with is in Dachstein, and would be incompatible with Bering.

> David Pitts

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing