On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Patrick Tessier wrote:

> I am having a similar problem as in the following post:
>

> My problematic line is:
> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE
>
> Which gives me the same error message:
> iptables: Invalid argument
>
> I have looked in /proc/ksyms, and ip_nat_protocol_register is not there. I
> have built my own kernel using a vanila 2.4.18 kernel tree. On the other
> hand, I am certain that I have not missed any NAT related kernel
> configuration options.
>
> The output of a "grep ip_nat /proc/ksyms" gives me:
> c022d070 ip_nat_setup_info_Rf24f02af
> c022c73c ip_nat_helper_register_R6f4a7751
> c022c844 ip_nat_helper_unregister_R5498c7d6
> c022c17c ip_nat_expect_register_R94552a50
> c022c1b4 ip_nat_expect_unregister_R6ff63254
> c022c944 ip_nat_cheat_check_R1e4e73a8
> c022c220 ip_nat_mangle_tcp_packet_R69b3a8b1
> c022c5ec ip_nat_seq_adjust_Rb5b764fc
> c022c698 ip_nat_delete_sack_Rab840625

You are using module symbol versioning which is causing the extra
information on the end of each function's name.

> At the end of this message is a sample from my kernel config file. Which
> kernel option is supposed to provide the ip_nat_protocol_register function??
> I am obviously missing something, because the kernel that is bundled with the
> Bering 1.0_rc3 package does not have this problem, and yet I cannot see any
> significant differences between the config files (assuming that the
> Bering_1.0-rc1_kernel_2.4.18.bz2 file contains the latest one, since that
> seems to be the only one available for download).

Your config looks ok.

> Curiously, on a perhaps unrelated note, my pppd seems to be complaining that
> PPP is not supported by my kernel either, and yet I have included that as
> well. This system is essentially an upgrade from a 2.2.19 kernel, which I had
> no problems with.

Do you have a version of pppd that's compatible with a 2.4 kernel?

Have you installed all of the user-space libraries for iptables?

-Tom
ICQ: #60745924  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]